AND What we stand for
We do not receive any public subsidies, which allows us to remain independent.
Standing up for those who don’t have a voice
Belgium’s most influential animal rights organisation. Since 1992, we have been defending those who don’t have a voice: the animals.
Fighting against animal cruelty
An organisation fighting against organised animal cruelty through targeted non-violent actions and campaigns.
We are a reference point for the political and economic world as well as for other European and international partner organisations.
Results to be proud of
8 key successes
We have already won some remarkable victories. Some examples:
- Our first victories: Legal prohibition of horse racing in the streets and the sale of dogs and cats in public marketplaces.
- The closure of several markets where animals suffered routine and abject abuse: the horse market in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean, the cattle and horse market in Anderlecht; the conviction of the animal abusers in the Ciney cattle market. These were noteworthy examples of the impact of our hidden camera investigations.
- The prohibition of hunting stray cats in Wallonia and Flanders.
- The prohibition of keeping wild animals in circuses in Belgium.
- The decision of all Belgian supermarkets to stop selling eggs from battery hens. Now 90% of all fresh eggs sold in our country come from animal friendly farms (ground system, free range or organic).
- The European ban on trade in seal products. This historic victory against the seal hunt in Canada has helped save the lives of hundreds of thousands of seals.
- The Flemish and Walloon ban on slaughter without stunning.
- The ban on fur farming and force feeding in Flanders.
Join our fight for a better world for animals.
0 € subsidies also means that we depend 100% on donations from our members and supporters.